"Literacy is a bridge from misery to hope. It is a tool for daily life in modern society...Literacy is a platform for demostration, and a vehicle for the promotion of cultural and national identity...Literacy is, finally, the road to human progress and the means through which every man, woman and child can realize his or her full potential." ---Kofi Annan

02 December, 2007

Wicked Lovely post 3B

Dear Melissa Marr,

As I was reading this book I couldn’t help but notice how well thought out and sophisticated the world of Aislinn is. It occurred to me that I would never be able to come up with such an exciting world on my own. How did you do it? How did you come up with this imaginary world? Was there anything that inspired you? The sophistication of the faery world was clearly evident through your detailed analyses of interactions between the characters of the faery world. I also thought your description of the environment of said characters was very detailed, and I thought that the artificial world was in its own way, realistic. Though one would never see fairies in real life, the other aspects of this world felt very real. The practicality of the characters. The mortality of the heroine. Even the sarcasm and wit of the everyday person made the story draw me in and entrap me in your artificial world.

Regards,
Gloria Fann

No comments: